Think outside the juice box with these four recipes featuring our Kiju Organic juices!
3/4 cups white flour + 1 tbsp for tossing blueberries
3/4 whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce made with KIJU Organic Apple Juice (see below)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss the blueberries with 1 tbsp of flour and set aside.
3. Combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
4. In a smaller bowl, combine greek yogurt, applesauce, egg, vanilla, and brown sugar.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Gently fold in the blueberries.
6. Grease a 12-count mini muffin tin with cooking spray or use liners. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are golden.
Kiju Unsweetened Applesauce
Our two ingredient applesauce is simply the combination of apples and our KIJU Organic Apple Juice. Core the apples and add them to a pot along with our apple juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until apples have become soft. Mash with a fork to the consistency of your liking, or blend until smooth.
Recipe makes 36 mini muffins.
1 cup KIJU Organic Grape Apple Juice
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
1 tbsp jam (try our Strawberry Chia Lemonade Jam in this recipe!)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring our KIJU Organic Apple Juice and oats to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
3. Allow to sit for 1 minute and then stir in your favourite peanut butter and jam.
Recipe makes one serving.
2 cups strawberries, chopped in half
2 tbsp chia seeds
KIJU Organic Lemonade, as needed
1. Place chopped strawberries, chia seeds with 2 tbsp KIJU Organic Lemonade into a blender.
2. Blend on medium to high speed until preferred jam consistency is obtained. Add additional KIJU Lemonade 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to get things moving.
3. Pour contents into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the jam begins to bubble.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the jam starts to thicken.
5. Remove from heat and immediately pour into a mason jar. Allow to cool completely and then store in the fridge for up to one week. Enjoy!
Your favourite pancake recipe, or pancake mix from a box
KIJU Organic Apple Juice or Kiju Organic Pomegranate Cherry Juice
1 medium beet
1. Boil the beet to soften, set aside.
2. Add all pancake ingredients to a blender, but instead of using water, use our KIJU Organic Apple Juice
3. Add the beet into the blender and blend until smooth.
4. Cook the pancakes as directed on the package and enjoy! We love ours topped with local maple syrup or apple compote.